4922 Lakeshore Drive
PO Box 389
Bolton Landing, NY 12814-0389
Phone: (518) 644-2233 Fax: (518)644-2234
Email the Director
To our Bolton Community,
As we are all too well aware, information regarding the hopes of “flattening” the spread COVID-19 are changing rapidly. We are in daily communication with SALS, and it is now mandated that all libraries close, including stopping our plan to make books and movies available through a “Hold/Pick Up” system. How long the virus remains viable on different surfaces is of concern.
“Libraries pride themselves on being there during critical times for our communities. We are often the only institutions to remain open during times of crisis. Service and stewardship to our communities are the core to our profession.” From a COVID-19 Update from the American Library Association regarding library closures.
I will be meeting with our Trustees to discuss options as to how we may still be of service to our community. I am in the library, with shortened hours, so please call with any questions (518-644-2233).
Remember the OverDrive platform…and maybe the book that you have been wanting to read that is on a shelf or nightstand in your home.
I miss you all and wish you well,
Megan Baker, Director
Labor Day through Mid-June
Tuesday 10am to 6pm
Wednesday10am to 6pm
Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday 10am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
From Mid-June through Labor Day
Monday 10am to 8pm
Tuesday 10am to 8pm
Wednesday 10am to 8pm
Thursday 10am to 8pm
Friday 10am to 8pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
To our Bolton Free Library Community,In light of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak, the Bolton Free Library is canceling all library programs and outside group meetings effective immediately through April 1st. Unfortunately that means we will not have our third Community Health Series talk on Wednesday March 18 with Linda Perry. We will keep you posted on a reschedule date.We are taking every precaution to protect both our patrons and staff in the library.
- We are in daily communication with SALS (Southern Adirondack Library System) regarding best practices.
- Frequently touched surfaces are wiped down several times a day.
- We ask that if using the computers or copier you wipe down before and after use. Disinfecting wipes are available.
- We also ask that when returning books please leave in the Drop Box-we will retrieve and wipe down.
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you not visit the library. Give Megan a call and we can make arrangements to bring books, magazines or movies to you.Recommendations and mandates are changing quickly so we will endeavor to keep you updated on what is happening here at the Bolton Free Library.Thank you for your help in keeping us all healthy and safe.Megan Baker, Directorand the Board of Trustees